STORMTECH® - CHAMBERS
Mohammed Bin Rashid City
GENERAL PROJECT INFORMATION
- WT Burden supplied Stormwater soakaway chambers for the mockup area and sales centre of Mohammed Bin Rashid City in Dubai.
- The drainage specification called for 530m3 of stormwater attenuation to be provided.
- Stormtech was selected by the contractor as the best product to meet the needs of the project.
- Mohammed Bin Rashid City District One is a new freehold development of 1500 villas across more than 1030 acres making it one of the world's lowest density residential developments.
- StormTech’s unique design features meant it was able to satisfy these requirements and provide the assurances necessary under the engineers and contractors PI for the scheme
- Swift installation - There was a very demanding project program it was installed in 2 days with just 4 laborers and 1 excavator
- The chambers were tested for high temperature ground conditions.
- Key considerations for the engineer were to provide a fully trafficable system with a design life in excess of 50 years, which met the dead and live loading standards outlined in current best-practice codes
- The tank must be maintainable to ensure that the tank volume does not reduce over time as a result of silt build-up
- Materials used had to comply with the relevant local construction standards.